Turmeric Root Powder – Organic and Fair Trade 1 lb
Organic and Fair Trade Ground Turmeric Root Powder. I use this to make my Turmeric Golden Paste. Sold in 1 lb packages from Frontier.
1 lb will make at least 4-6 batches.
Golden Paste Recipe
½ cup organic turmeric powder (Make sure it’s organic turmeric powder to be sure it contains lots of curcumin)
1 to 1 ½ cups filtered water
1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (Grind organic black peppercorns in a coffee grinder or magic bullet)
¼ cup organic cold pressed virgin olive or coconut oil (Coconut oil is a great choice because it also has great health benefits)
Golden Paste Directions:
1. Mix the turmeric with the water in a pan
2. Start with 1 cup water and add more only if needed
3. Stir the liquid on medium/low heat and in about 7 to 10 minutes, it should form a thick paste.
4. If your paste looks watery, just add a bit more turmeric and heat it for another couple of minutes
5. Once you’ve got a paste, add the pepper and oil, then stir it very well.
6. Allow the mixture to cool, then place it in a jar with a lid and store it in your fridge. Ideally, you should store the paste for no more than two weeks … after that, you’ll want to make a fresh batch.
Makes about 1 cup.